This newly created entry-level role will support our global offices and allow for the right person to make their mark on RAs growing People & Culture team. This role will require you to develop an in-depth understanding of our business, culture, and the needs of each individual in our close-knit company.
About Resident Advisor:
Established in 2001, Resident Advisor (RA) is an online music magazine and community platform dedicated to showcasing electronic music, artists and events across the globe. RA combines high-quality writing and films with listings, directories and industry tools to create an ecosystem of content and services. We play an indispensable role in supporting the electronic music industry worldwide. Our audience of over four million monthly readers is made up of music fans, club-goers, DJs, producers, venue owners, promoters and record labels.
RA's inspiring and dynamic work environment offers a multitude of career opportunities. We are a diverse, international team with shared values and, most importantly, a deep-rooted passion for electronic music. Our global reach is anchored by local knowledge, combining high-quality editorial with extensive listings for clubs and festivals around the world. A mix of writers, developers, account managers and more, we are always looking for people who want to make a positive impact in their scene and community.
Annual wage: £25 - 30k
Contract: Full time
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2021
- A passion for electronic music and an in-depth understanding of the music industry.
- High levels of empathy and understanding and the ability to manage difficult conversations with care.
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to think proactively, prioritise work and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- In possession of excellent communication skills (via phone, video call, email and in-person) and soft skills that allow for difficult feedback to be delivered compassionately.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Experience in recruitment for technical or other specialist roles, or the ability to pick it up quickly.
- Experience using cloud storage and Google Drive.
- Work/life balance and offer flexible working, this role does require to be in our London office ~3 days a week.
- A focus on staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Working alongside others that live by the values which underpin electronic music culture
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, expressions, and orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.